Printer offline Fix
You're might be in a rush, but your printer isn't working. The phrase "Printer offline" is flickering on the screen. What should I do? We'll show you how to address the problem in a few easy steps. The printer has become so ingrained in the day-to-day operations of workplaces and homes that any malfunction appears to be a big setback for the entire work chain. Because it is so important, one could assume that it must be exactly constructed to function flawlessly. However, printers, like any other machine, have a variety of challenges, one of which is going offline. That is what we will cover in this article, as well as how to resolve the printer offline problem.
Printer Offline is an error encounter by some of the users having the printer. Sometimes if the window is not updated you may experience this error. By using the right methods, you can easily diagnose this issue and resolve it also. One should try to install the driver again if you are facing this error.
If you're having trouble with printer Offline issue, our comprehensive guide will show you how to resolve the problem. During the printing process, a variety of things can go wrong, resulting in an offline error. To fix the problem, adopt a step-by-step approach to pinpoint the source of the problem and then take the necessary actions to correct it.
Steps of Check the "Use Printer Offline" settings and also disable it
- Select Devices and Printers from the list of results after searching for devices in Windows.
- The window for Devices and Printers will appear. Right-click on the icon for your printer in the list of devices and select the See what's printing option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select the printer you want to use. If Use Printer Offline has a checkmark next to it, click it to untick it.
- Cancel any print job in the queue using the same see what's printing option menu.
- If there is a check mark next to Pause Printing in the same settings menu, click to uncheck it. Now try printing anything to see whether the problem has been resolved.
Why your printer is offline?
Initial checks to fix the printer offline issue
- Check to see if the printer is connected to the power supply. Also, make sure the power cable isn't tangled.
- Ensure that you have a good USB or Wi-Fi connection and that your router is turned on. The Wi-Fi button on the computer must also be turned on.
- Sleep mode is now available on most printers. Check to see if the printer is in sleep mode.
- Check for any issues with paper jams. It may cause the printer to go into offline mode automatically.
- Empty ink or toner cartridges might also cause the printer offline issue.
- If the reason of the offline problem is discovered during the initial checks, you can proceed to resolve it.
USB connection is causing the offline error
- Make sure that your printer is connected to a power source and properly turned ON.
- If there is a problem with the USB connection, your computer may display an error message in the task bar.
- Reconnect the USB cable after removing it from the port. If your computer has more than one USB port, try using the other one.
- Restart both your printer and your laptop or PC.
Wireless connection is causing the printer offline error
Check to determine if your printer is still linked to the network if you used a wireless connection.
Turn off the WIFI on your network and printer, then wait a few minutes before turning it back on. Check to see if the connection between the printer and the computer has been re-established.
Verify that the printer and the router are connected to the same network. Check that the WPS method of connecting to your router is enabled and working properly. To enable it, you must push and hold the physical WPS button on both the router and the printer for a few seconds.
Check that that Installed firewall, as it can be behind the offline error
- Your firewall, which is designed to protect you from threats, may block your device and show the printer as offline.
- It's conceivable that your firewall, which is supposed to protect you from dangers, thinks the printer is the same and prevents it from connecting to the computer.
- As a result, make sure you properly connect your printer to the network so it isn't classified as a danger and you don't get the printer offline error. In the firewall, add the printer to the trusted devices list.
Check windows settings for the error
- Select "Devices and Printers" from the Control Panel using the "Start button" or the Windows symbol.
- You may view the settings by right-clicking on your printer.
- Choose what you want to print in the settings.
- Cancel any print job that is currently in the queue.
- Right-click the printer once more and choose Set as default printer from the menu.
- Activate the printer by clicking on what's printed and then on printer.
- There are two options in the drop-down menu: pause printing and utilize printer offline.
- If any of these two options have a tick mark on them, click on them to remove the tick mark.
Check print spooler service status and restart it
The printer will display the offline error message if the print spooler service is not operating or is halted.
In this scenario, restarting the print spooler service may be enough to fix the problem:
- Activate the run dialogue box by pressing the Enter key.
- You can do so by going to the start menu or tapping the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- Enter the command “services. msc” in the search box and then click OK.
- The services window will open as a result of this. The P key will assist you in locating the print spooler service.
- Right-click it and choose restart from the menu.
- The print spooler service will be restarted as a result of this.
Check MAC settings for the printer's error
- Select System Preferences after clicking on the apple icon.
- Select the choice for a printer and scanner.
- Right-click anywhere in the following printer window, then select Reset Printing System.
- When prompted to confirm, select Reset.
HOW TO SOLVE THE PRINTER OFFLINE ISSUE?
- Some of the initial checks that you can make to rule out possible cause for the printer offline issues:
- Do disconnect the power cord from the printer's back end as well as the electrical outlet. The connections that link the printer to the computer should be treated the same way.
- If you're using a USB cable, make sure it's not broken or disconnected.
- Reconnect all of the cables and cords after a minute. The printer should then be turned on, and the computer should be restarted.
- Try printing something to see if the printer is working.
- B) If your printer is connected over a WIRELESS NETWORK
- Verify that it is still connected to the network.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi on both the router and the printer, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on. Check to see if the printer and computer are connected again.
- Verify that the router and printer are connected to the same network.
- To open settings, press the Windows key + I. Select Devices -> Printers and Scanners from the drop-down menu. To get started, go to the menu option and select the troubleshooting option (under associated settings).
- Wait a few moments before the trouble-shooter opens and encounters the issues, then advises you how to fix them.
It is advised that the user ensures that all printer drivers are correctly installed and updated in order to avoid HP printer offline troubles. It's also crucial to keep your system settings and printer drivers up to date on a regular basis, since this prevents any potential errors from occurring while you're using the printer.
hp printer offline / hp printer offline fix / epson printer offline fix / epson printer offline / printer offline fix / printer offline
Je moet lid zijn van Beter HBO om reacties te kunnen toevoegen!
Wordt lid van Beter HBO